Whether you are traveling to Singapore for vacation, or you’re simply passing through, here are some recommended activities to help keep you and the family entertained. – Tips and photos by Jenni Burdette, May 2013 Take the City Sightseeing tour. Simply hop on one of […]
Whether you are traveling to Singapore for vacation, or you’re simply passing through, here are some recommended activities to help keep you and the family entertained. – Tips and photos by Jenni Burdette, May 2013
- Take the City Sightseeing tour. Simply hop on one of the red double-decker buses and stop at over 30 sights. The buses run regularly, so you can hop off and explore, then catch the next bus.
- Visit the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Recognized for its unique architecture, this hotel boasts having one of the world’s longest elevated swimming pools. Sit at the roof top bar and enjoy a drink with an amazing view.
- Walk around Marina Bay and discover Merlion Park, or take a stroll along the Singapore River. If you get hungry, stop in at one of the many local restaurants for some food.
- Explore the temples, restaurants and shops at Chinatown, Little India and Arab Street.
- Enjoy a boat ride through Mariana Bay and up the Singapore River for a unique view of the city. Tours last approximately 40 minutes.
- Hop to Indonesia for the day. Batam, Indonesia is approximately an hour long ride from Singapore’s HarbourFront. Bintam, Indonesia is approximately 45 minutes to an hour from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Check out Bintan Resort Ferries and Sindo Ferry for a ferry schedule and to book tickets.
- Eat at a hawker food stall. An open-air complex that houses stalls for various cooked foods.
- Leave the hustle and bustle of the city and go to any of the Wildlife Reserves of Singapore. Check out the Night Safari, the Jurong Bird Park, or the Singapore Zoo to name a few.
- Relax and take a walk through the Singapore Botanic Gardens, and the National Orchid Garden.
- Visit one or two of the Country’s many museums. Choose from the ArtScience Museum, the Asian Civilisations Museum, the National Museum of Singapore, and more.
- Immerse yourself in one of Southeast Asia’s largest light and water shows, Wonder Full. Put on by Marina Bay Sands, the show consists of lasers, giant projectors and water screens, using downtown Singapore as a backdrop. The show is free. For show times and information, click on this link: Wonder Full.
Know of a great place to eat in Singapore, or an activity that should be mentioned? Please share! File a Trip Report or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you.